Monday, April 15, 2013

Reiki: A Magnet for Hidden Darkness

This weekend, right as I returned from visiting family, I spent with a Reiki master from Belgium, receiving Reiki attunement. It was an interesting time... While I have heard of Reiki and energy work for years, I never actually knew what Reiki was all about.

I discovered that it is rather simple. Wonderfully simple. You allow yourself to become a channel of the universal life force energy to help balance yourself, and those you choose to help achieve harmony. I enjoyed the weekend and curiously noted my experiences within myself as people worked on me, and as I worked on them in return.

Saturday was day one. It went peacefully, and I left with a sense of gratitude. But oddly enough, personal conflict rapidly sprouted with my partner that evening. I felt that it was a strange timing, given that we both just got "attuned".

The next day, which also began with a bit of a bumpy road in the field of personal relationships, was smoothed out by the following hours of training, where once again everyone practiced on everyone. One of the things that I found peculiar was that during the session, (just like during becoming in touch with crystals sometimes), I saw glimpses of memories I never had. Strangers I've never met, places I could not recognize. One of my friends suggested that it was a "flushing out" or sorts...

I left feeling well, and without much internal change - the Master said that I will experience a difference within in the following days after the training, and that once you get attuned, you will have it with you forever. When I got home, I began to feel deep irritation spread within me. A spill of anger, filling me so completely, that my psyche went into a mode of a break-down. I felt a hate for myself and everything/one surrounding me, I felt a fear, a self-consiousness, a jealousy, and fury. I have certainly had my share of emotional break-downs, and have been evolving consciously through them, and in part, due to them. But this! Was like no other experience! As if a valve was open - and out came all the "ugly and unloved". I let out some sobs, words left me completely. Finally, after a short while I got up, drank a glass of water, and regained consciousness. Regained... not because I was out of touch, but because I felt overtaken. Any sense of healthy judgement was replaced with wild anger. Anger mostly with myself, remember all of my flaws, And I hardly ever feel anger... Anger is a debilitating disease. And it is worsened by the mixture of fear.

Maybe it was a cleanse. Maybe experiencing such intense darkness from somewhere deep in my psyche, deep in my body meant releasing it. Maybe there is less of that certain energy trapped in me in this moment.

Have you had experiences with Reiki? And other energy work related methods?

No comments:

Post a Comment